Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Guys Read Funny Business Edited by Jon Scieszka

Ten funny short stories by excellent authors.  Boys will enjoy these stories.  Your typical potty humor in some stories, adventure, gross behavior.
One disturbing story that I did not enjoy- A Fistful of Feathers (it was well written but did not like the father-son relationship and it was sort of gross  . . .but the grossness of it proves how effective the author wrote!!!).
Some stories end abruptly and do not have a nice, neat ending.
The boys in the stories do not represent model-behavior.  It might be awhile before I let my boys read them.  Parents should preview to see if they are okay with content.
Target audience is for 8-12 year old boys . . .I would not let my sons hear/read these stories when they are second graders.

No comments:

Post a Comment