Thursday, March 19, 2015

Double Fudge Brownie Murder by Joanne Fluke

"A Hannah Swensen Mystery with Recipes!"
Many years ago I started reading this series and enjoyed it-small town, the main character who runs a cookie shop and who solves murders in her spare time.  The last few books, however, in the series, seem more focused on food, the recipes and trivial interactions among the characters.  The plot is definitely lacking.  I grew weary of Hannah, the main character, trying to decide between two men, Norman or Mike throughout at least fifteen books.  In this book she finally decides who she will marry (I skipped to the last page to find out).  I, however, could not finish the book because I was too bored with the plot.
Recipes are included and they are very yummy.(the recipes in all the books are delicious.)
I also like that there are not intimate scenes in any of Ms. Fluke's  books-difficult to find in any adult books anymore, unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment