Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Crossing the Waters by Leslie Leyland Fields*

Recently I listened to Focus on the Family's podcast featuring Mrs. Fields and read an article by her in Focus' magazine.  Intrigued by her life living as a fisherwoman with her husband and six children, I searched for this book to read.
Mrs. Fields beautifully weaves together stories from her life, her trip to Israel and selections about the disciples and Jesus.  Her thought-provoking questions in the study guide will allow one to develop a deeper faith.
Some points I want to remember:
1. Do I have ears to hear His truth?  Is my heart full of good soil?
2. If everything is striped away in my life, is Jesus enough?  Miracles alone do not produce faith and a relationship with Christ.
3. Jesus may not chase away the storms in my life, but he is in the boat with me.
4. Do I create Jesus in my own image and limit Him?
*Highly recommend.
-Borrowed via inter-library loan.

No comments:

Post a Comment