Sunday, September 24, 2023

Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie *

 retold by Jim Dale

My eighth grader and I listened this audio version of Peter Pan.

Mr. Dale is an engaging and talented reader. 

I am not going summarize the plot since most people know the story.

As a kid, I had watched Disney's version of Peter Pan. It proved challenging to dispel images from the movie as I listened and visualized the story. The actual novel provides more depth. The writing is superb and rich. Quite a few times my son and I laughed out loud at the humor. Now I wish I had skipped Disney and just read the novel! 

*Highly recommend.

-Borrowed from the library (but I bought the novel for my son's birthday!)

Warning: Children are separated from their parents for awhile. The word "a**" is used throughout the novel. Characters die.





No comments:

Post a Comment