Saturday, November 25, 2023

At Home in Mitford-DVD

 My fourteen-year-old and I listening to the novel At Home in Mitford by Jan Karon. We love it. I read the entire Mitford series in my twenties and am enjoying even more in my forties! This movie was sappy, cheesy, and unrealistic. My son thought Andie MacDowell's acting was robotic. The movie only adhered to the book by including a few of the character's names, the town's name, and the romantic interest brewing between Father Tim and his new neighbor, Cynthia Coopersmith- A disappointment when compared to the richness of the novel. If one is in the mood for a chickflick, this movie will satisfy.

The novel proclaims Christ's salvation and the power of the Word. The movie does not mention God and only says "add this request to the prayer chain" or "have good thoughts". The book integrates God's truth naturally and beautifully. Such a shame to see it missing!

-Borrowed from the library.



No comments:

Post a Comment