Sunday, January 21, 2024

The Last of the Mohicans DVD

DVD-starring Daniel Day-Lewis 

After my son finished reading the novel, we invited grandparents over to watch the movie.

My husband, my son, and I were  prepared to be very sad after watching the movie. We, however, did not connect to the characters and were not affected by their deaths like we thought we would be. The movie plot was centered around the romances between the characters. The characters who died were not the same ones who died in the novel (minus Uncas). The romance was a very minor role in the novel, almost nonexistent to the plot. The movie plot also portrayed Duncan as a cowardly and untrustworthy person. In the novel he was an upstanding man.  My son and I both liked the novel more. . significantly more.

The landscape filmed is breath-taking and beautiful. I loved the scenes with Hawkeye, Uncas, and Chingachgook running through the forest, up rocks, and through creeks/waterfalls.

Rated R for violence, one passionate kissing scene-you know when it is exactly going to occur & can fasat forward no problem-no inappropriate "skin" is shown (no kissing scenes in the novel), one character commits suicide by jumping off a cliff (this did not happen in the novel)

-Borrowed from the library.




No comments:

Post a Comment