Friday, November 12, 2021

Mitten Strings for God by Katrina Kenision

 Reflections for Mothers in a Hurry

Conversational yet thought-provoking essays will resonate with and will refresh mothers.  Overall the book created in me a deep stirring for quiet and for reflection.  When I read an essay, I felt like I was taking a mini vacation! As I read an essay or two a day, I wondered what the author thought of our fast-pace culture now.  The book was first published in 2000, twenty-one years ago before excessive cell phone usage and social media! It was also humorous in the resource section how phone numbers, catalogs and mailing addresses were included, not websites, internet addresses, or blog addresses.

My favorite line from the book is on page 172, "This is the divine work we mothers do; perhaps for a time, it is our vocation-taking care of the invisible."

Consider-some phrases and concepts seemed a bit "new-agey"/self-spiritual. 

-Borrowed from the library.




No comments:

Post a Comment