Tuesday, November 16, 2021

The Vanderbeekers Make a Wish by Karina Yan Glaser*

 In a few days Papa is turning forty.  The Vanderbeeker siblings have planned the perfect party to celebrate their beloved father. One phone call changes their plans. Then the unexpected arrival of their maternal grandparents causes friction and stress. As the Vanderbeekers navigate relationships, they come to appreciate their family even more.

I read aloud this fifth Vanderbeeker novel to my twelve-year-old. We both enjoyed it! We love this family. While reading the parts about the siblings researching their paternal grandfather, however, I found my interest waning. 

The sixth book in this series will be publish in September, 2022, called The Vanderbeekers on the Road.

*Highly recommend.

-My son owns this book.



No comments:

Post a Comment