Saturday, May 27, 2023

Grant Wood text set

 Grant Wood is another artist we will study this coming school year. The following picture books are ones we may utilize while studying him-

1. Getting to Know the World's Greatest Artists-Grant Wood written & illustrated by Mike Venezia-very quick overview of Mr. Wood's  life and his development as an artist. Simple text


2. American Gothic -The Life of Grant Wood by Susan Wood illustrated by Ross MacDonald*
This picture book focuses on how he develops his own style and the story behind American Gothic, his most famous painting. *Highly recommend.

3. Artist in Overalls The Life of Grant Wood** This book is my favorite of the three. An illustrated chapter book that appears like a picture book. Readers will learn more details and "the why" about Grant's life. I felt like I got to know him as a person as I read this book. **Highly, highly recommend.

I recently bought this oversized book from my local used bookstore. I like it because due to its large size,  the viewer can look at his paintings well. It displays all types of his paintings and shows his progress into the painter he wanted to be. 

 






No comments:

Post a Comment