Tuesday, May 2, 2023

The Durrells in Corfu -The Complete First Season-DVD

 I read about Gerald Durrell's trilogy in a Christian homeschooling book (the author highly recommended it). When I searched for it in the library system, the book was not available but the TV series by Masterpiece was available. I borrowed it and was excited to watch it with my family. Unfortunately, sex was mentioned a lot (not shown or done in the show) and some vulgar language. The TV series focuses on the mother, a recent widow,  and her struggle raising four challenging children in the 1930's. The trilogy (the books), on the other hand, is from Gerald's point of view when he was a twelve-year-old and capturing and studying animals in Corfu, Greece. I am hoping the books are more benign!! I bought the first book and will review it. 

Our family watched one episode and won't be watching the rest. On the postive side, the acting is superb, the storyline & characters are interesting, and the scenery (in Greece) is stunning. Humorous parts abound.

My thirteen-year-old son and I love Callum Woodhouse as an actor in All Creatures Great and Small and were thrilled to discover that he was playing a major role in this series.

-Borrowed from the library.



No comments:

Post a Comment