Sunday, June 3, 2018

Joel A Boy of Galilee by Annie Fellows Johnston

I read this aloud to my boys to support our study of Ancient Rome and the Life of Christ.
Joel, an orphan, nurses his bitterness and anger against the boy who caused his lameness.  His main motivation behind anything he does is to support his plan for revenge.  Then he encounters a kind carpenter named Phineas who befriends and eventually adopts him into his family.  During this time Jesus is traveling from town to town and impacting the nation.  Joel forever is transformed by Christ.
Readers will be immersed in the time period Christ walked the earth.

This book is printed on demand.  The print was very tiny and printing errors abounded.  Sometimes the sentence structure seemed awkward. As a result, I found myself not eager to read it aloud to my boys. 

We enjoyed identifying the various Bible stories/truths we were familiar with as we read this historical fiction book.

-I own this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment