Friday, June 9, 2023

Grandma Moses text set*

 I am preparing for my eighth grader's art class. Grandma Moses will be one of the artists we study. Below are a variety of biographies about her and one autobiography. I highly recommend all of the books. All of them are borrowed from the library.

1. Great Artists-Grandma Moses by Adam G. Klein (recommended 2nd grade and older picture book) -

2. Getting to Know the World's Greatest Artists-Grandma Moses by Mike Venezia (for kindergarten and older)-

3. The Essential Grandma Moses by Jane Kallir (a teeny book packed with information-This will be our main source for information when we study her. For junior high and older)-

4. Grandma Moses My Life's History by Anna Mary Robertson edited by Otto Kallir -autobiography( I have not read it yet but am anticipating when I can! In this book she mostly writes about growing up and living on a dairy farm, not about her art. For junior high or older.)-







No comments:

Post a Comment