Sunday, June 25, 2023

The Extraordinary Mark Twain (According to Susy) by Barbara Kerley illustrated by Edwin Fotheringham**

 I laughed out loud several times as I read this biography about Mark Twain. Since I have read a couple of his books and biographies about him, I am familiar with his writing style and personality. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn is probably one my favorite books.

Once Ms. Kerley learned that Twain's thirteen-year-old daughter Susy wrote a biography about her father, she did not rest until she thoroughly investigated it and wrote this picture book about her and her accomplishment. This picture book incorporates two narratives-the main one by the author and tiny journals, which have front covers that the reader can open, containing excerpts from Susy's journal about her father.

So delightful, clever, and fun!!

**Highly, highly recommend.

-I borrowed it from my library (but liked it so much that I bought it from Amazon today!).



No comments:

Post a Comment