Thursday, February 29, 2024

The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis**

 My Principles of Writing professor required us to read this epistle novel and then write a letter to ourselves how to best tempt ourselves. I have forgotten many assignments from my college years but not this one! Before my sons graduate from high school, I want both of them to read this impactful book. My junior will be finishing it tomorrow. Over the past few months (he only reads it on Fridays-our Soul Reading Day), we have had interesting discussions about this book. 

Screwtape, a demon, is training Wormwood, an underling demon, how to tempt a human. The entire novel contains letters from Screwtape to Wormwood, admonishing and advising him. 

**Highly, highly recommend.

-I own two copies of this book.




No comments:

Post a Comment