Friday, March 16, 2018

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle*

A Newbery Winner
A recording read by Hope Davis
-Audio book
I tried reading this book as a kid and did not like it.  Now as an adult, I thoroughly enjoyed the story!
My boys and I listened to this book on CD.
The Murry's father has been missing.  Gossip abounds in the town about why he has not returned.  Meg, the eldest Murry, endures criticism at school.  As a result, she focuses on her faults and believes she is stupid.  Then one night she, her brother Charles and a new friend Calvin are whisked away to other worlds where their strengths and weaknesses are tested and also utilized.
*Highly recommend for older elementary and older.
-Borrowed from the library.
Caution: At times the story is dark and could be scary for more sensitive readers.

If I owned this book, I would be highlighting some profound statements/phrases.  Specific references to God are included. 
We have not seen the movie yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment