Currently I am reading to my boys Ten Boys Who Changed the World.
In short chapters Ms. Howat crafts exciting stories about significant men while they are boys and also a story about when they are grown. At the end she gives a fact about the time period, a key point, an activity, and a prayer.
**Highly, highly recommend.
-Borrowed from the library.
Five books in the series:
1. Ten Boys Who Changed the World (Billy Graham, Brother Andrew, John Newton, George Muller, Nicky Cruz, William Carey, David Livingstone, Adoniram Judson, Eric Liddell, Luis Palau
2. Ten Boys Who Changed History (Robert Murray McCheyne, Martyn Lloyd Jones, George Whitefield, Charles Spurgeon, Jonathan Edwards, Samuel Rutherford, D L Moody, Billy Sunday, A W Tozer and John Owen)
3. Ten Boys Who Made a Difference (Augustine, John Knox, Martin Luther, John Calvin, Jan Hus, Hugh Latimer, Ulrich Zwingli, William Tyndale, Thomas Chalmers, Lord Shaftesbury)
4. Ten Boys Who Didn't Give In (Polycarp, Alban, Sir John Oldcastle, Thomas Cranmer, George Wishart, James Chalmers, Dietrich Bonhoeffer, Nate Saint, Ivan Moiseyev, Graham Staines)
5. Ten Boys Who Used Their Talents (Paul Brand, Ghillean Prance, C.S. Lewis, C.T. Studd, Wilfred Grenfell, J.S. Bach, James Clerk Maxwell, Samuel Morse, George Washington Carver and John Bunyan)
I am thinking about purchasing most of these books as the library system only has one copy of each book.