Friday, November 11, 2016

Too Many Turkeys by Linda White illustrated by Megan Lloyd*

One of my favorite autumn books by this team is Too Many Pumpkins.  I equally love this book created by them!  It may be one that I purchase.
A poult wanders onto Belle and Fred's pristine property.  Belle is appalled, fearful that the turkey will destroy her gardens.  Fred differs in opinion and promises to feed the turkey and keep him out of her gardens.  Soon after its arrival, Belle's gardens flourish.  When neighbors ask her what her secret is, she just smiles and says "my special formula fertilizer".
One weekend Belle leaves for a convention so Fred is in charge of caring for the gardens.  To his horror, a flock of turkeys invade Belle's gardens.  How can he get rid of them before Belle returns?!
Very humorous solution!
Charming illustrations.  Wish I could create a garden like Belle's!!
Image result for too many turkeys by linda white

No comments:

Post a Comment