Thursday, June 15, 2017

The Penderwicks on Gardam Street by Jeanne Birdsall*

I read this book to myself years ago but my sons and I recently enjoyed this book on audio.
This book had us laughing at the sisters' latest concerns and predicaments.  The biggest problem is that their mother, before she had died, had written their father a letter telling him to begin dating.  The sisters launch a "save daddy plan" so they do not end up with a stepmother.
Meanwhile an astrophysicist moves in to the house next to them.  She has an adorable son Ben who befriends Batty immediately.
Relationships are the focus in this book.  Once again character development is superb.
Ms. Birdsall is master story teller!
We liked this book better than the first one!
I own this book.
*Highly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment