Monday, August 17, 2020

Clouds of Witness by Dorothy L. Sayers*

 Ms. Sayers's mysteries are well-written and well-devolped.  Because her writing has more depth than modern mysteries, I will be more inclined to reread them.  I also have to concentrate more and "work" a bit more as I read, a challenge which I welcome and enjoy.

Witty characters and plot twists.

Lord Peter Wimsey's brother, Gerald, is accused of murdering his future brother-in-law.  Gerald denies it but refuses to explain where he was during the time of the murder.  Clues abound, but answers do not as Lord Wimsey and his trust-worthy friend/man, Bunter piece together different accounts and discover secrets.  

French phrases throughout the book hampered my comprehension at times.  

*Highly recommend.

-Borrowed from the library

Warnings: language/swearing, adultery/affair-no explicit details 


No comments:

Post a Comment