Sunday, November 22, 2020

Looking Back by Lois Lowry *

A Book of Memories 

Many readers have asked Ms. Lowry where she gets her ideas.  This book is her response.  

I really like how the book is organized.  Each section begins with a few sentences from one of her books.  The chapters within the section reveal parts of her life and how her life directly influenced a specific idea or just a phrase.  The book is loosely organized chronologically.  

When I was in sixth grade, one of my favorite series was Anastasia Krupnik. As I read this book, I was delighted to discover how many of Anastasia's quirks, ideas and statements were based on Lois Lowry's life. 

*Highly recommend (I basically read this book in two sittings.  Very easy to read yet a literary delight!)

-Borrowed from the library.

-The library has it categorized as "young adult". 



No comments:

Post a Comment