Saturday, July 31, 2021

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury*

 My ninth grader's reading list for this coming school year is forcing me to read books that have intimidated me or have not appealed to me.   So far I have been pleasantly surprised at how much I have enjoyed them!!  Guess they are called "classic literature" for a reason!

Montag is a fireman . . .he starts fire . . .to burn books.  When he begins to interact with his mysterious  neighbor, Clarisse, he begins to view his boss, his job and his life differently.  Does he dare test the system?

I especially found the afterword, coda and author interview enlightening and witty in this edition.

*Highly recommend (for high school or older-see warnings).

Warnings: God's name used as a curse word, swearing, demise of human kind-no regard for human life, mentions sex and heroin



No comments:

Post a Comment