Friday, June 17, 2022

The Doorman's Repose by Chris Raschka

 The New York Review-Children's Collection

This book is unique. Each chapter is about a different resident in 777 Garden Avenue, a  brownstone in New York City. The first and last chapter feature, Mr. Bunchley, the doorman. Characters ranged from teens to the elderly to mice to an elevator! Although the reading level is elementary, I am not sure if an elementary age student would select this book to read independently. I think my junior higher would enjoy it . . .if I read it aloud!

Considerations: The chapter, "Hot Water", is about two men who live together and who care deeply for each other. I could not tell if their relationship based on friendship or romance. The last chapter includes alcohol drinking. 

-Borrowed from the library.



No comments:

Post a Comment