Saturday, October 12, 2024

Henry David's House by Henry David Thoreau Edited by Steven Schnur illustrated by Peter Fiore*

 A couple months ago I remembered a book from my childhood about a family building their own home and wanted to reread it. Because of my search online for it, I have discovered some great books about homes! My friend, a former librarian and bibliophile, figured out which book I was remembering in less than an hour. The book, The Little Stone House by Berta and Elmer Hader, costs $75 on Amazon!!

Back on topic-Henry David's House-describes his experience building his house and living in solitude in his own words. The illustrations fill entire page. 

I wish I had known about this book when my oldest son read Walden.

*Highly recommend.

-Borrowed via ILL.




No comments:

Post a Comment