Saturday, March 19, 2016

Hands Free Mama by Rachel May Stafford

"A Guide to Putting Down the Phone, Burning the To-Do List, and Letting Go of Perfection to Grasp What Really Matters!"
For two years the author did not sit.  Her children could not look her in the eye as she was a moving target.  Then one day she broke down and wondered "how she did it all?".  This book shares insight how to overcome the desire to fill life to the brim with emptiness.  Each chapter contains vignettes from her own life and then challenges and applications for each week.
I especially liked the "life list" idea on page 130.
A lot of us can raise our hands to admit that we suffer from  the 3 P Syndrome (Perfectionistic People Pleaser).
Pg. 170 has a quote that I want to remember-"Waiting for the perfect time and perfect condition means waiting to live."
This book made me think and reevaluate.  It can be revolutionary.
I, however, found her writing a bit dramatic for my taste, at times.  The book seemed self-centered-very focus on her.  I would have appreciated more about God and His workings.  He was mentioned but He was not the center.  For my tendencies to truly change, I will need God's help 110%!!
On the other hand, our society needs this book and I appreciate Mrs. Stafford sharing her heart and unearthing our distracted lifestyles.
*Borrowed from the library.
Books

No comments:

Post a Comment