Thursday, December 1, 2016

Judy Moody and Friends- Mrs. Moody in the Birthday Jinx by Megan McDonald illustrated by Erwin Madrid*

I absolutely love this series for transitional readers.
Both my fourth grader and first grader read this book the first day I brought it home from the library.  Maybe it is because I am a mom, but this book is my favorite in the Judy Moody and Friends series.  I laughed out loud several times!
Mrs. Moody cannot celebrate a birthday without numerous things going wrong.  This year, Judy vows, will be different.  She gives her dad and Stink (her brother) specific instructions on how to make Mrs. Moody's birthday is perfect.
Despite Judy's efforts, the day unfolds with disaster after disaster.
A heart-warming ending.
*Highly recommend.
-Borrowed from the library.
Guided Reading Level: N (3rd grade)
Image result for mrs. moody in the birthday jinx
Image result for mrs. moody in the birthday jinx

No comments:

Post a Comment