Sunday, October 18, 2015

The Knights' Tales The Adventures of Sir Gawain the True by Gerald Morris* illustrated by Aaron Renier*

My sons and I listened to this book on CD.  Afterward my oldest son read it to himself he liked it so much!
I love this humorous, exciting series.  It is perfect for boys and reluctant readers.
In the beginning Sir Gawain rescues a woman from a dragon but refuses her tokens of thanks.  Thoughtlessly,  he leaves her alone in the woods after the rescue.  His lack of courtesy comes back to "haunt" him as he faces the Green Knight and other individuals.
Readers will delight in the intricacies of the characters and how one character is connected to many!
*Highly recommend.
Warning: pgs. 18-21 is quite gruesome as Sir Gawain chops off the Green Knight's head.  The Green Knight simply reattaches it and makes Sir Gawain vow that he is to come visit his castle the 1st of the year.  On that date the Green Knight would return the favor!  In another longer picture book  that I started to read to my boys, it was a lot more gruesome than this version!!



No comments:

Post a Comment