Thursday, November 29, 2018

Hunting Hope by Nika Maples**

While reading Max Lucado's book Anxious for Nothing, I was intrigued about a story he shared about a woman named Nika Maples.  I requested one of her books.  I would say this book is one of the best books I have read this year!
Ms. Maples offers advice and inspiration to individuals who are experiencing a dark time, which she calls "winter".  The first section of the book focuses on who God is and the second part points out traits a "hope hunter" should have.
The chapters are short, often filled with humorous stories.  She also incorporates a lot Scripture.
 
Ms. Maples is not a stranger to suffering and dark times as she has Lupus, and has suffered from side effects of brain stem stroke.
-Borrowed via Inter-Library Loan (but I may buy it!).
**Highly, highly recommend.


No comments:

Post a Comment