Thursday, November 1, 2018

The Penderwicks at Last -audio CD by Jeanne Birdsall*

Read by Susan Denaker
Unabridged
My boys with opposite personalities have enjoyed the Penderwick series via audio CD. 
Lydia has only heard about Arundel from her sisters' stories.  This summer, however, she will be able to experience the magical place for herself.  One of her sisters will be having her wedding there!
Lovely end to this favorite series.

*Highly recommend.
-Borrowed from the library.

Some readers who love this series did not enjoy this book as much since the other Penderwicks were grown up.  Lydia was not a strong enough character for them to finish the book.  My boys did not seem to have this opinion.  At times, I did feel like Lydia was just recounting events from previous books and I wanted more new action in this book.  Overall, I enjoyed it and would highly recommend it.
Ms. Birdsall constructs prose very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment