Tuesday, January 8, 2019

The Bookshop on the Corner by Jenny Colgan

I did not finish this book but wanted to post my opinions about it.
The title and the idea of a woman starting a mobile bookstore in an used van so appealed to me! I loved being part of a story where the main character loves books and reading.   The setting, Scotland, was beautiful.  Ms. Colgan's descriptions of the countryside and the interesting people made me want to fly over to Scotland right now!
The main reason I did not finish the book was the romance aspect.  I could tell the main character, Nina, was going to develop an relationship with her landlord who was in the middle of a divorce (so he was a married man).  I read ahead (yes, I am bad like that) and I was correct.  There were parts where they were intimate with each other (no major descriptions).
These kinds of books are not beneficial for me.
Some swearing and "JC"s  were throughout the book too.  Drinking and becoming drunk.
-Borrowed from the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment