Friday, January 8, 2021

Voracious by Cara Nicoletti

 A Hungry Reader Cooks Her Way Through Great Books

Ms. Nocoletti pairs books with recipes.  Before each recipe she shares how the book and the food mentioned in it were significant to her at that moment in her life.  Ms. Nicoletti's writing is superb and delightful.  I thoroughly enjoyed reading each essay and learning about books I have never read.  Of course, I was most familiar with books in the "childhood" section.  As for the books menitioned in the Adolescence/College Years and Adulthood, I only had read a couple of them.  The ones I have not read I have no desire to read based on their content.  

I made the Pepper-Parmesan Pasta (book-Strega Nona) recipe (very yummy).  Most of the recipes require a chunk of time and skill.  




No comments:

Post a Comment