Monday, February 22, 2021

Farm Boy by Michael Morpurgo

 Sequel to War Horse

My eleven-year-old and I loved reading War Horse together.  I was excited to find the sequel.  While War Horse categorized as "young adult", this sequel is written on a transitional reader level.  Albert's son shares his memories of his dad (Albert) and the horses, Joey and Zoey with his grandson.  

Some parts in here don't match up with War Horse and made me a bit confused.  For example, Albert was part of the veterinary corp during World War I, but in this book it says he was fighting in the war and was the one who rescued Joey from no man's land.  It also said that he bought Joey from the army with his army salary when in fact, he bought Joey from a Frenchman for one penny.  Maybe I am missing something and not reading well??  Although I liked this simple follow-up, it made me confused!

-Borrowed from the library.






No comments:

Post a Comment