Monday, May 24, 2021

All Creatures Great & Small Season 1 -PBS-Masterpiece**

 I am reading aloud All Things Bright and Beautiful to my eleven-year-old right now.  Since we both love the "Herriot" stories, I thought we would enjoy this new show.  Our whole family enjoyed it (including my husband who prefers fantasy/sci-fi).  He even commented on how well the characters were developed and how you come to care for them.  

Six episodes are featured, starting with James arriving in Darrowby and then how he adjusts to Siegfried, Tristan and the Dale people.  He meets his future wife, Helen, in this season.

Although the producers changed some of the story lines, my son and I still liked it just as much of the book.  The producers maintained the characters' personalities, quirks and traits well.  

Of course, the scenery is stunning.  The show is filmed on-site in Yorkshire Dales.  My eleven-year-old and I want to visit the Dales someday!

**Highly, highly recommend.

Warnings: smoking, drinking (every episode ), James becomes drunk in one of the 1st episodes, Tristan lies/deceives often

-Borrowed from the library





No comments:

Post a Comment