Thursday, May 6, 2021

Nine A Book of Nonet Poems by Irene Latham illustrated by Amy Huntington

 Ms. Latham was a guest teacher on Writers on Writing workshop at Read Aloud Revival where she taught the attendees how to write a nonet poem.  I purchased this book so the boys could be familiar with this type of poetry before the workshop.

A nonet is a poem that either starts with a line that has nine syllables or ends with nine syllables.  The lines in between either decrease or increase by one.  I was amazed at the wide-variety of topics Ms. Latham included in this tiny book.  Each poem was related somehow to the number nine.  

Like I mentioned in an earlier post, each of my boys wrote a nonet and shared it with Ms. Latham.  She kindly responded, adding insightful comments and thoughtful compliments.  

-I own this book.




No comments:

Post a Comment