Sunday, October 3, 2021

The 4-Hour School Day by Durenda Wilson

 How You and Your Kids Can THRIVE in the Homeschool Life

In short chapters with an engaging and encouraging tone, Mrs. Wilson shares tidbits, stories and strategies how a parent and family can implement  homeschooling. At the end of each chapter questions  help the reader think deeply about the chapter contents and to apply the themes.  Although she does not offer  explicit instructions how to complete school in four hours, she alludes to how she was able to keep school to the morning hours.  A better title would be the subtitle.  

My career as a public school teacher and some other situations in my life hinder me from mimicking a homeschool like she suggests. In my mind how she homeschooled is how I want to homeschool!

Overall, this book encouraged me to continue to homeschool and caused me to evaluate some aspects and pray over my ideals and roadblocks.  Mrs. Wilson's faith is the foundation of all she does.  Her love for God and His Word infused the pages.  



No comments:

Post a Comment