Friday, December 17, 2021

Gold by Moonlight by Amy Carmichael

 Lessons for Walking through Pain

Many months ago I bought this book and started reading it slowly, one entry per day. A couple of my friends are enduring intense, relentless pain that defies treatment. By reading this book, I was able to pray for them in ways unknown to me months earlier. To be honest, the old-fashion word choice,  superannuated references to literature, and sentence structure challenged me at times.  When I doubted I was understanding its message, God would provide an image in nature or a random thought that was anchored in the reading. I am most thankful for the insight it provided on how to pray for those who are in pain.

Ms. Carmichael takes photographs (very grainy compared to our modern photography!) of nature and connects them to truths about God and His Word as a person experiencing pain.

-I own this book.



No comments:

Post a Comment