Monday, May 30, 2022

Death on the Nile by Agatha Christie

 This is the second Agatha Christie book I read aloud to my boys. My sons and I really enjoy her stories. Her plots are tightly-written and are oh, so clever! We are always astounded how she keeps us guessing until the very end. Incredible writer. We also get a kick out of Hercule Poirot, a lovable, humorous,  yet conceited man. 

The three of us did not like this one as much as the A.B.C. Murders.

Simon and Linnet Doyle are touring the Nile for their honeymoon when Simon's former fiancee begins appearing at every hotel and tour they have booked. She leers at them. She makes them uncomfortable. Pure torture! One morning Linett Doyle is found shot in the head. Suspects and secrets abound. Thankfully, Hercule Poirot is on the cruise and will sift through the confusion and lies to capture the culprit.

Warnings: I was able to skip over most of the following since I was reading aloud or could at least edit the details: some swearing, Mrs. Otterbourne, a novelist, is obsessed with sex and centers her novels on it (no graphic details are given--but she outspoken about her novels themes), five people are murdered, suicide, some drinking, an alcoholic, a kleptomaniac and a communist are on board (separate characters)

-I own this book. We won't be seeing the movie.





No comments:

Post a Comment