Sunday, May 15, 2022

The Candymakers and the Great Chocolate Chase by Wendy Mass*

 Sequel to The Candymakers

Six (!!) years ago I read The Candymakers but forgot to read its sequel. 

In this sequel, Logan, Miles, Philip and Daisy are reunited as they take a roadtrip to promote Philip's winning candy creation. Along the way they discover buried secrets about family and Life is Sweet factory/business. 

Points to consider/discuss: lying, some of the boys notice pretty girls along the way (nothing inappropriate)

*Highly recommend (it is long, though-534 pages!) My twelve-year-old read recently read both books and likes the first one better than this one. I recommend reading the two books within weeks/months of each other. Since I read the 1st one six years ago, I did not understand some of the references made to the events in the first book. 

-Borrowed from the library.



No comments:

Post a Comment