Sunday, February 19, 2023

Ladies in Lavender -DVD

 Rated-PG-13 for brief strong language

Someone I respect recommended this movie. . .I, however, was not impressed. My husband and I loved the landscape and the music but the relationships were disturbing and the plot was not well-developed. The story had so much potential; instead, the producers focused more on Ursula's obsessive, jealous behavior. Also, quite a few times we were clueless about an exchange or felt like we were missing an important component of the story! I have no idea why the movie is titled, Ladies in Lavender. 

Two elderly sisters, Janet and Ursula, discover the body of a young man washed up on their beach in Cornwall, England. Thankfully, the young man, Andrea, is alive. They soon learn he is Polish and is musical. As they nurse him back to health, they grow attached to him. Ursula is obessessed with him and possessive. Quite a few times her interactions with Andrea were creepy and made me uncomfortable. (One obvious example: She dreams she is young again and rolling on the ground with Andrea as they kiss.)

Loved the music by Joshua Bell!

-Borrowed from the library.



No comments:

Post a Comment