Thursday, November 30, 2023

M.C. Escher text set

 A few more materials featuring M.C. Escher (on a previous post I reviewed two books.)-

Over two days my son and I watched the DVD, The Fantastic World of M.C. Escher. Although this documentary was produced a long time ago, the content was fascinating.  I had thought we learn about M.C. Escher's life. Instead it focused on his art. His art is mathematical and imaginative. This film deepened our appreciation for his intellect and his art.

*Highly recommend. -Borrowed from the library.

The two books below my son paged through and admired the art work before we watched the DVD. I highly recommend both of them.
**This book is tiny. I like it for its simplicity. Each page features just the drawing's name,year, size, and the art. 
*This book is large. Mr. Escher writes the introduction, which is awesome to hear from the artist directly! Explanations for each drawing/piece of art is included.

I love this series. One page features M.C. Escher. Guiding questions and then a couple paragraphs about the art enable parents/teachers to have an insightful, intelligent discussion with children.










No comments:

Post a Comment