Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Favorite Nursery Rhymes from Mother Goose illustrated by Scott Gustafson*

With a new nephew arriving in August, I am investigating newer baby books and nursery rhyme books.
With forty-five nursery rhymes, this collection will expose your child to the well know rhymes and some not so well known ones (at least to me!).  I do not recall ever reading Under a Hill or Bat, Bat or An Old Woman.
This over-sized book would be great to use during story time and the beautiful illustrations will capture any child's imagination.  Very expression illustrations.  Some scenes invite you to enter the sweet, ideal world (I wanted to run down the hill to Mary's school and explore the hills beyond in Mary Had a Little Lamb and in Under a Hill I wanted to sample the old woman's pies and chat with her.)
Children from different ethnic backgrounds are represented too.
*Highly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment