Sunday, July 26, 2015

The Complete Brambly Hedge by Jill Barklem*

When I saw that this book was to be published this spring (2015), it immediately went to the top of my list of books to be purchased when I had the funds.
A kind parent blessed me with a gift card to Barnes and Noble and I bought this copy.  My boys and I enjoyed several afternoons this summer visiting Brambly Hedge.
I first read the individual books to my oldest son when he was between the ages of three and four.  We loved the detailed illustrations of the miniature homes of the mice who reside at Brambly Hedge.
All eight stories are included in this volume:
Spring Story, Summer Story, Autumn Story, Winter Story, The Secret Staircase, The High Hills, Sea Story and Poppy's Babies.
*Highly recommend.
Strategy: vocab. expansion/context clues
Here is a link to Jill Barklem's site.  A word description of her work will not do it justice!
http://www.bramblyhedge.co.uk/Home

Amazon link to book:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Complete-Brambly-Hedge/dp/0007450168

No comments:

Post a Comment