Thursday, June 6, 2019

The 13 Clocks by James Thurber illustrated by Marc Simont*

This book is probably one of the strangest books I have read in a long time, but I loved it!
I read it aloud to my boys in only three reading aloud times.  They would beg for one more chapter throughout our time!
An evil Duke has frozen time (the thirteen clocks) in his castle and keeps his niece, Saralinda, sort of captive.  Any prince who tries to win her hand ends up dead.  Is there a prince who can break the spell and free Saralinda?
The writing is superb, humorous, shocking and poetic. 
Very clever and creative.
My sons and I agree that this is a book we will not forget! 
My twelve year old's favorite character was the Golux.
Strategy: asking questions
*Highly recommend.
-Borrowed from the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment