Friday, September 20, 2019

Christopher Columbus by Bennie Rhodes illustrated by A.G. Smith Jr.

The Sowers-Adventure of Faith and Courage
I read this book aloud to my two sons to support our study of explorers.
Mr. Rhodes writes Christopher Columbus's story in first person, allowing the reader to feel like the Admiral is sitting in the room, sharing his story.    In some cases Mr. Rhodes quoted specifically from Columbus's journals.
Mr. Rhodes begins the biography when Christopher is young and ends when he is returning to Spain after years of exploring.  He also paints Columbus in a better light than most current biographies and focuses on his Christian faith. 
Although this biography was engaging, it was not one of my favorites.  My boys said they enjoyed it.  They were, however, not begging me to continue reading when I read it aloud.


No comments:

Post a Comment