Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Curious Kid's Guide to . . .

My sister-in-law, who has a curious preschooler,  told me about The World Jesus Knew.  I then saw the same author-illustrator team had recently published The World of the Old Testament.  
These books are full of interesting facts and will bring the Bible and its setting and culture to life.
In The World of the Old Testament I found a couple of points with which I disagreed.  The author states that mankind has lived for more than 10,000 years.  He also categories the first few chapters of Genesis as myths (or that they contain mythical elements).
Fascinating facts, but be aware of maybe differing views/beliefs.
*I just viewed on Amazon that on July 7, 2020 this team will have a new book out-The World of the First Christians! Definitely one I will be trying to find!
-Borrowed from the library (*The World of the Old Testament I borrowed via Inter-Lib. Loan.)




No comments:

Post a Comment