Saturday, April 10, 2021

Mornings With Monet by Barb Rosenstock illustrated by Mary Grandpre*

 I loved this book!  It is a Read Aloud Revival book of the month.

Readers tag along with Monet at 3:30 A.M. as he captures different moments of light on the Seine River.  The word choice is superb. Even though I have read about Monet for many years, I learned a lot about him and his methods from this picture book!

*A definite must-read when studying Monet.  

It is amazing to think that the artist Ms. Grandpre (who illustrated the Scholastic editions of Harry Potter book covers) had to paint like Monet while illustrating this book!

The epigraphs are lovely-"I can't begin to describe a day as wonderful as this.  One marvel after another, each lasting less than five minutes . . ."

-Borrowed from the library (but I may purchase it!).

*Highly recommend.










No comments:

Post a Comment