Monday, June 28, 2021

Schooled by Gordon Korman

I am searching for humorous books for my eleven-year-old.  I won't be handing this book to him to read, though.

Capricorn has been homeschooled all of his life by his grandmother, Rain, on a hippie commune.  When Rain falls out of a tree and breaks her hip, Capricorn must attend public school and interact with the "real" world for the first time.  Will he survive eighth graders' malicious actions towards him?  

Each chapter has a different point of view.  I felt like the characters were not well-developed or were shallow.  The book centered on typical middle school drama.  Since I find these behaviors irritating, I may have a bias versus a book that depicts this age group well.

-Borrowed from the library.




No comments:

Post a Comment