Thursday, March 3, 2022

Devotions by Mary Oliver

 The Selected Poems of Mary Oliver

Months ago a couple of books I had read contained phrases and lines from Mary Oliver's poems.  Thinking those tidbits of poetry were beautiful, I decided to read her poetry.

Beginning with published books in 2015 down to published collections in 1965 & 1963, this anthology offers the reader a thorough overview of Ms. Oliver's poetry. In most of the poems her observations in nature are the focused subjects. Ms. Oliver's word choice allows the reader to engage the senses. I was continually amazed how her phrases provided a sensory experience. Although I looked forward to reading a few of her poems each night, I did not always understand her deeper meanings!😉 She mentions God a few times. She and I do not share the same theology.

-Borrowed from the library.



No comments:

Post a Comment