Tuesday, July 25, 2023

An Amazing Illustrated Atlas of Scotland by David MacPhail illustrated by Anders Frang*

 Our Scottish guide, Iain Stewart, who has an undergraduate degree in history and a masters in folklore, is friends with Mr. MacPhail and acted as a consultant while he wrote this book. Mr. MacPhail dedicated this book to him. My sister-in-law and I were determined to purchase it. After looking in numerous bookstores with no success, at a last bit of effort without much hope, I checked out a grocery on the Isle of Mull before we boarded the ferry. There two copies sat on the shelf! God's provision! We bought them and had him sign them. 

Region by region Mr. MacPhail shares interesting historial and modern facts about Scotland. I wish I had purchased this book in the beginning of our trip so I could consult it as we toured.

*Highly recommend.

-I own this book.


Side-note-Here is a link to Iain's tour company-https://www.serenityscotland.co.uk/about/



No comments:

Post a Comment