Tuesday, July 25, 2023

books by Benedict Blathwayt*

 Recently my in-laws took their sons and families to Scotland/Ireland for a few weeks. The only tokens I bought while there were children's books! At a bookstore on the Isle of Skye, I was drawn to little books illustrated and written by Benedict Blathwayt. Their details and clarity appealed to me. My sister-in-law and I figured out he is the author/illustrator of the The Little Red Train books we both loved sharing with our sons when they were toddlers. Now that we have visited Scotland, I can confidently say that his illustrations depict his country well! At one point he lived on the Isle of Mull, on which we also stayed for a few days. The following two books I bought and highly recommend-

(I kept this one.)

(I gave this one to my nephew and niece.)




No comments:

Post a Comment