Friday, August 11, 2023

Monarch of the Glen-Series 1 DVD

 Over thirteen years ago my husband and I watched this TV series. While we were in Scotland this summer, we spotted the Glenbogle train depot and snapped a picture in front of it. Upon our return, I requested series 1 from the library to rewatch and this time, with our sons. We won't continue watching them with our sons. I had forgotten how soon the relationship drama began! It is not beneficial to share with them. It was fun, however, to watch it and remember sights and Scottish culture together. 

Archie MacDonald is a reluctant laird. He loves his life in London where he is starting a restaurant with his girlfriend Justine. He, however, cannot allow the family estate to decay. Each episode depicts Scottish culture, beautiful scenery, and magnifies eccentric characters (my husband and I love Hector, the father. I remember from our first viewing that once he died, we did not enjoy the show as much. It also becomes mega-dramatic after Hector leaves!)

Warnings: some swearing, infidelity, intimacy outside of marriage, sexual innuendos, Lexi's outfits are sometimes revealing 

-Borrowed from the library.



No comments:

Post a Comment